Gluten Free: Nut Free: Soy Free
2 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, finely sliced
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups vegetable broth
1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes
1 x 400g can butter or cannellini beans
1/2 lemon, juice only
Himalayan salt and cracked pepper, to taste
To serve (optional):
Fresh thyme leaves
Dark crusty sourdough or rye
1. In a deep, heavy-based crock pot, add the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the leek, celery and garlic, sautéing for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the spices and stir for a few more minutes, before adding the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and potato.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the beans and simmer for another 5 minutes, seasoning with fresh lemon and black pepper, to taste.
6. Serve into bowls and top with fresh thyme and fresh crusty sourdough (optional).