Simon Hill’s Buddha Bowl with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Total: 511 Calories
½ cup/3.75oz/125ml cooked brown rice
½ medium sweet potato
100g/3.5oz extra firm tofu
4 whole Brussel sprouts
1 tbsp/0.2oz/4g Nutritional yeast
½ can organic black beans
- Begin by preheating oven to 200C (390F).
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions
- Slice the brussel sprouts in half and dice the sweet potato. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and roast for 30-40 minutes. They will be ready when you can easily pierce the sweet potato with a fork and the brussel sprouts have browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Next, make the tofu. Dice it into 1 inch cubes and cook in a non stick pan until sides have become slightly crispy. Feel free to use a dash of tamari, sesame oil or soy sauce, but note this will make the calories go up, so use in moderation.
- Wash and drain the black beans.
- Finally, build your bowl. Make the brown rice your base, and layer the sweet potato, brussel sprouts, tofu, black beans on top. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and lime for a boost in flavor and enjoy!