Jacqueline Alwill’s Pesto Quinoa w/ Chicken & Broccolini
Total: 504 Calories
100g chicken breast (can substitute with tempeh/tofu)
60g cooked quinoa
2 tsp (10g) pesto
3 broccolini stalks, trimmed and blanched
1/2 cup (100g) frozen peas
50g avocado, sliced
1 lemon wedge
Sea salt and black pepper
- To Poach the Chicken: Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil, add whole chicken breast, turn off heat, cover and poach for 20 minutes. Once cooked drain and set aside covered.
- Toss cooked quinoa with pesto, place in a bowl for serving, cover and set aside to stay warm. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, take off heat, add broccolini and blanch for 2-3 minutes, remove broccolini and set aside.
- Quickly blanch peas for 1 minute, drain completely and toss with pesto quinoa.
- To Serve: Slice chicken and place on top of quinoa with broccolini, avocado and lemon.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.