Total: 1342 Calories (671 Calories Per Serve)
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 small (75g) brown onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons madras curry powder
1 x 400ml tin organic light coconut milk
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained or 300g cooked
1 medium (200g) zucchini, cut into small chunks
1/4 bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
1/2 small head (120g) broccoli, cut into florets, stalks finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
good pinch chilli flakes or to taste
1 cup cooked quinoa, to serve
1. In a small saucepan heat coconut oil, and add garlic and onion.
2. Place the lid on and sauté on medium heat for 3 mintues.
3. Add curry powder, chilli flakes and a pinch of sea salt plus the top layer of the coconut milk (this will be more fatty in substance) and saute, stirring for 1 minute so the spice becomes fragrant.
4. Add chickpeas, zucchini, coriander stalks, broccoli stalks and the remainder of the coconut milk tin, cover to bring to the boil then uncover and reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add broccoli florets and peas and cook a further 3 minutes so they retain their green colour and a bit of crunch in the broccoli.
6. Serve with quinoa, coriander leaves and extra chilli if desired.