Jacqueline Alwill’s Lemongrass Broth w/ Tofu & Rice Noodles
Total: 306 Calories
2 cups vegetable broth
1 whole garlic clove
2cm ginger, peeled and sliced
1 stick lemon grass
1/2 cup chopped coriander stalks, leaves reserved
Pinch sea salt
2cm piece lime zest
150g tofu, sliced in 1cm thick pieces
1 tbsp tamari
1 tsp rice malt syrup
40g vermicelli rice noodles
2 baby bok choy, ends trimmed
Handful each coriander and mint leaves
Red chilli, sliced
1 wedge lime
- Place all ingredients for the broth in a medium saucepan, pop the lid on and bring to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Whilst broth is simmering, prepare the remaining ingredients to add to the dish.
- Marinate the tofu in tamari and rice malt syrup, then sear 2 minutes on each side and set aside. The tofu should be a lovely golden colour.
- Cook the vermicelli in boiling water according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Once the broth is simmered, drop the bok choy in to blanch a few minutes, then serve the soup into a bowl, top with noodles, tofu, herbs, chilli and lime and enjoy.