Simon Hill’s Black Bean & Veggie Quesadilla
Total: 529 Calories
1 cup/0.8oz/22g kale
2 whole-grain tortillas
½ can black beans
2 tbsp/0.4oz/8g nutritional yeast
1 red capsicum/red bell pepper
1 tbsp/0.4 oz flaxseeds
- Add a tbsp of water to a pan over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until soft and slightly browned.
- Dice the capsicum finely, add to the pan and cook until tender. Add water if needed.
- When the capiscum is tender, add the chopped Kale, black beans and cook until warmed. Sprinkle the garlic powder and nutritional yeast, and set aside.
- Next, heat up the tortillas. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat and add one tortilla at a time until lightly browned.
- To serve, place one tortilla on a plate and top with the beans and veggies, sprinkle the hemp hearts and then cover with the second tortilla. Cut into 4 equal slices and enjoy!