Simon Hill’s Black Bean Burger w/ Beetroot Hummus & Avo
Total: 720 Calories (360 Calories Per Serve)
1/4 can (100g) black beans
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 red onion
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp flaxseeds (linseeds)
2 wholegrain/seeded bun
¼ cup Beetroot Hummus (store bought – make sure it’s vegan)
A few lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Add the black beans, oats, mushrooms, onions, tahini and flaxseeds to a food processor. Pulse until a paste forms – it should hold together. If it’s too dry, add some more water.
- Remove the paste from the food processor and shape into two equal patties.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or alternatively add to a pan on low-medium heat, cover, and cook until crispy. Remember to keep flipping it to avoid burning!
- Once the patties are ready, warm your bun, spread with hummus on both sides and layer the pattie with avocado and salad leaves. Share between a friend or save the rest for another meal.