Vegan Choc Banana Raspberry Doughnuts
Makes 10 doughnuts
Calories per doughnut: 137.5 cal
Dairy-Free: Nut Free: Vegan
1/2 cup plant-based milk
1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tbs chia seeds
coconut or olive oil to grease doughnut moulds
8 pieces (50-60g) plant-based dark chocolate
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or defrosted
Desiccated coconut for decorating
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Blend together milk, banana, vanilla, and maple until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and add spelt flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and chia seeds & mix well to combine.
- Pour into well-greased doughnut moulds (silicon doughnut moulds work best here & then doesn’t require the oil to grease!)
- Place in the oven and cook for ten minutes.
- Allow to cool and then remove from pan or mould.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water and stir to melt the chocolate.
- Smear around each doughnut, top with raspberries and a sprinkle of coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!