Jacqueline Alwill’s Tuna Poke Bowl w/ Broccoli Rice
Total: 710 Calories (355 Calories Per Serve)
1 small head (300g) broccoli
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
180g pieces sashimi grade tuna cut into 2cm cubes
3 tsp tamari
1 tsp sesame oil
Good pinch sea salt
2 carrots (200g), peeled and spiralised or grated
1/2 avocado (100g), peeled and sliced
1/2 Lebanese cucumber (100g), sliced or ribboned
Handful (40g) finely sliced red cabbage
Lime wedges to serve
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp tamari
Good squeeze of lime juice
- Grate broccoli florets to a fine consistency to create the ‘rice’.
- Warm a frypan on medium heat, add olive or coconut oil and sliced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add riced broccoli and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Whilst they are cooking, mix tamari, sesame oil and sea salt in a bowl, add fish and toss until evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together ingredients for ponzu dressing.
- To Serve: Divide broccoli rice between the bowls, arrange toppings around the bowl and then place the poke in the middle on top.
- Drizzle all over with ponzu dressing and enjoy!
Can substitute the fish with tofu or tempeh as a vegetarian option