Jacqueline Alwill’s Spiced Cauliflower & Pumpkin
If you only have a few simple ingredients on hand you can make a nourishing meal. No excuses. I generally have pumpkin and cauliflower in my fridge and because I don’t want to eat it the same way all the time I throw in spices and a couple of other ingredients (kale and walnuts here) and then I have the most delicious meal on hand. Just add your choice of protein to this one and it’s beautifully balanced.
(Serves 4 – As a Side)
Total: 716 Calories (179 Calories Per Serve)
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin pieces and cauliflower on tray drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and sprinkle curry powder over the cauliflower pieces (only) and ensure the ingredients are coated well.
- Place in oven to cook for 40 minutes.
- Whilst cooking marinate your kale in a touch of olive oil and salt, massage it in with your hands and set aside.
- Once veggies are cooked, remove from oven and arrange kale leaves through the veggies, sprinkle with all the walnuts, season with pepper and serve.