Jacqueline Alwill’s Miso Carrot, Mung Bean & Brown Rice Salad
Warming, nourishing and satisfying, like a big cuddle to your tummy. Rich in fibre from wholegrains and carrots, with the gentle flavours of miso to add beautiful fermented nutrition to support your digestive system, this salad is going to claim its place on the podium in your weekly meal rotation.
(Serves 4 – As a Side)
Total: 1005 Calories (252 Calories Per Serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a large and small baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk miso and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl then toss with carrots to coat evenly then lay onto large baking tray and place in oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil with tamari, then toss with pepitas and sunflower seeds and place on small baking tray and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool on tray.
- While carrots are baking cook your brown rice using absorption method, then place in large mixing bowl and add mung beans, coriander, tamari seeds.
- Once carrot are cooked toss all ingredients together in bowl, season with black pepper and sea salt if you wish, transfer to serving plate and enjoy.