Simon Hill’s Hearty Kidney Bean Chilli
Total: 595 Calories
1 can kidney beans
2 garlic cloves
1 can diced tomato
1 red bell pepper/capsicum
1 tsp/2g cumin
1 tsp/2g cayenne pepper
1 cup/8 fl oz water
½ tbsp/0.3 fl oz olive oil
1 cup/7.5oz/250ml cooked brown rice
- First, make the brown rice following the packet instructions.
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, add the olive oil. Dice the garlic and onion and add to the pan, cooking until tender and slightly brown.
- Add the diced capsicum and carrot and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Next, add the diced tomato, cumin, cayenne pepper and stir well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the kidney beans and water. Cover, and simmer for around 30 minutes, or until the chilli has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the brown rice and enjoy!