1/2 cup edamame (shelled), blanched
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 cup grated purple carrot
1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onion
1 cup thinly sliced snow peas or sugar snap peas
1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped coriander plus extra sprigs to serve
1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds, crushed, to serve
High protein option:
Add 400g cubed organic tempeh
For the dressing:
1/3 cup natural almond butter
2 tbsp tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cold-pressed sesame oil
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1. In a jug or small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. If it seems a little thick, add warm water to reach the desired texture and set aside.
2. Ina large bowl, combine the edamame, cabbage, carrot, onion, snow peas, coriander, chilli and sesame seeds.
3. Pour over the dressing to combine.
4. Cook the tempeh (if using) on a dry non-stick pan over medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to the bowl.
5. Sprinkle over crushed almonds and extra coriander sprigs and enjoy!