Jacqueline Alwill’s Baked Pumpkin & Miso Chicken
Total: 636 Calories (318 Calories Per Serve)
300g pumpkin, cut into 3cm thick segments
1 tsp olive oil
300g chicken breast, trimmed (can use tofu/tempeh)
4 kale leaves, stems removed, leaves roughly torn
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 spring onions, white part only, finely sliced lengthways
2 handfuls coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely sliced
Sea salt and black pepper
3 tsp white miso paste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin pieces on the tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and turn to coat each piece, then place in oven to cook for 40 minutes.
- Whilst pumpkin is cooking bring a pot of water to the boil, add whole chicken breast, bring to the boil, then turn off heat, cover with lid and poach for 30 minutes.
- Once poached, remove from water, cover and set aside to stay warm.
- Marinate the kale by placing kale leaves in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with lemon juice then massage the leaves with hands for a few minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- Slice the chicken, then toss all ingredients together, drizzle with dressing and serve between 2 people.
If eating for one, set aside half for lunch the following day.
For a vegetarian option, substitute chicken with tempeh or tofu and marinate with miso as per instructions.